For the third year in a row I will be attending VMworld Europe, once again in sunny and beautiful Barcelona. I can safely consider myself as a seasoned VMworld attendee and the lessons learned in the past editions will definitely be useful to maximize my experience this year!
My plan is to attend less Sessions and Hands On Labs than in previous editions and be “more social”: Sessions will be most likely available after the event and it will be possible to take HOLs online as well later on, so no reason to spend too much time on those while there’s so many opportunities for interaction and networking.
Having been more involved lately in VMUG Italy’s activities, during the last year I had the opportunity to know (in person or through the usual social media outlets) quite a few personalities. I am looking forward to strengthen the bond with them and possibly expand my networking circle. Talking about VMUG, I will try and take part to as many VMUG-related activities as possible.
I have recently began to work for a vendor (CTERA Networks) as a SE, so I will look at the booths in the Solutions Exchange area from a different point of view.
But the main difference between this and past editions will be blogging! I have been included in the VMworld Europe Bloggers List so I’ll better write a few posts while there. Actually that should not be a problem since there’ll be many things to talk about, during and after the conference. I hope to use this blog as a diary during the conference days, to be sure to pinpoint any noteworthy fact!
I will arrive in Barcelona on Sunday afternoon and the plan is to use Monday (when it’s quiet) to do some HOLs and have a look around. I have decided to squeeze the Sessions I am going to attend on Tuesday and keep myself as free as possible on Wednesday and Thursday to be able to meet people, check the vendors, blog and… party!
These are the only sessions I plan to attend:
- 11:00 ~ 12:00 – PHC4750 How to Build a Hybrid Cloud in Less than a Day
- 12:30 ~ 13:30 – PHC5070 vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part One of Five: vCloud Hybrid Service: Architecture and Consumption Principles
- 15:30 ~ 16:30 – VSVC5005 What’s New in vSphere Platform & Storage
- 17:00 ~ 18:00 – BCO4872 Operating and Architecting a vSphere Metro Storage Cluster Based Infrastructure
- 17:00 ~ 18:00 – BCO5170 DR to The Cloud with VMware Site Recovery Manager and Rackspace Disaster Recovery Planning Services
- 09:00 ~ 10:00 – VSVC5511 Deploying vSphere with OpenStack: What It Means to Your Cloud Environment
- 10:30 ~ 11:30 – STO4798 Software-Defined Storage: The VCDX Way
You’ll see me around most of the rest of the time, so if you spot me in the crowd, please stop by and say hi!