You know that old saying “Third time’s a charm”?
Well, I am not saying that the previous two editions of VMUG Italy’s (@vmugit) User Conference weren’t a success with almost 300 attendees each, packed sessions and the participation of some of the most famous names of the virtualization community, but believe me, this year the VMUGIT leaders are working behind the scenes to organize the best edition ever.
Here are some details about the event.
The UserCon will take place on 12 November 2015, in Milan; the venue is Centro Congressi Milano Fiori – Assago (the same of the 2013 edition, which has undergone a refurbishment process in the meantime).
The registration page (which also includes directions) is open and you can already reserve your seat. Although the page is in Italian, the process is standard, so you should know which buttons to press and how to fill the forms. In case of any issues, don’t hesitate to shout out.
All of the sponsors are confirmed and you can expect top notch, user focused technical sessions delivered by the majority of them. Just a few names: VMware (of course!), EMC, Nutanix, Pure Storage, Acronis, HP (with Intel), Infoblox, PernixData, Tintri, Webroot, Zerto, Hitachi, Micron, Simplivity, Aruba, Hitachi, Solarwinds. A few more might still be added, so be sure to keep checking the event page on the VMUG website for any updates. Be sure to visit their booths at the Solutions Exchange area to learn about the latests developments in their products and technology.
But the excitement doesn’t stop here. I still have to mention the confirmed “VIP Speakers”: VMUGIT is honored to have some of the most well known and influential industry leaders and visionaries, some are welcome returning guests and some are coming for the first time.
Let me drop some names here:
- Chad Sakac – President, Global Systems Engineering at EMC – Blogger at virtualgeek.typepad.com and the mind behind the EMC vSpecialist team (AKA “Chad’s Army”)
- Vaughn Stewart – VP, Enterprise Architect at Pure Storage – Blogger at vaughnstewart.com
- Calvin Zito – Also known as the “HP Storage Guy” or the “Go to guy for all things HP Storage” – Blogger at Around the Storage Block and also famous supplier of Idaho Spuds :)
- Duncan Epping – Chief Technologist at VMware CTO Office – Storage & Availability – Blogger at Yellow-Bricks.com – VMUGIT UserCon regular guest as he’s speaking for the 3rd time in a row!
- Lee Dilworth – Principal Systems Engineer at VMware
- Lukas Lundell – Global Director of Solutions and Performance Engineering at Nutanix
- Mariano Maluf – VMUG International President, he’s the man pushing the buttons in the VMUG control room, making possible for the VMware Users’ Community to grow and flourish anywhere in the world
This year many (if not most!) of the UserCon sessions will be in English, so VMUGIT hopes to attract a good share of the audience also from the neighboring countries, establishing the Italian edition as one of the most representative ones of the continent.
You really have no excuses: register today and see you in Milan in November!